Search Me

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A passion of mine...


Collage by Sherry Lore
Sacrifice
Collage by Sherry Lore
I have a life crisis, and have been having it since, oh, sometime in my early teens (way too long ago for my liking). I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up. According to many, to achieve one's true potential, one must find their passion. What I need to do is find my passion.

So, my sister was gifted with the hands of an artist. My brother, I swear, was born with with a socket wrench in his hands. I was given... well... I'm not sure. I was given the ability to know what's striking and maybe construct/deconstruct things into something different and maybe even better. I guess I was given a bit of both of their gifts, but not mastery of either. As such, poetry (the constructing of words) and collage (the deconstructing and reconstructing of images) as well as photography (the capturing of beauty, not really creating it) are my loves. But, since I'm not really a master of any, but a bit of all, can I truely find my passion, and a career, out of any of these? I suppose leading a tragic, unrequited life is a great start.

No comments: