Search Me

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hidden Beauty


photo by Sherry Lore

I have this thing for sensual beauty... I'm not talking about erotic images... okay, sometimes their erotic... but really I'm talking about beauty that fills the senses. Images whose colors or lines evoke and haunt you, scents that bring back some vivid memory, tastes that make you water even after their gone, textures that go deeper than the skin, sounds that seem to shift the atmosphere of the whole room and echo through your soul. Sometimes these forms overwhelm the senses leaving them raw and exposed, sometimes they change them forever.

These feelings are what I try to find. It started as a way to block out the past, bad family, bad memories, bad histories. Later it became a way to remember it. There is beauty hidden in the darkness. Pinpricks of light that shine through like stars. Otherwise, how would I know it was dark, if that was all I'd ever seen.

No comments: