Search Me

Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Glass Half Full

picture by Sherry Lore


Sometimes it's not whether the glass is looked at as half full or half empty. Sometimes it's what's in the glass that counts.

Sometimes half full doesn't mean all is well. Sometimes a glass can be half full, but what it's filled with leaves a bitter taste upon the tongue or what was left in the glass should have been drunk or drained long ago.

I've always considered myself a closeted optimist, but now I think it's the pessimist in me that put me there. I have this problem with my memories. They're disjointed and slanted towards keeping me in the closet. I think I've forgotten so many good things but have remembered so many bad that I'm a glass half full, but with the wrong drink.

My selective memories have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

No comments: